– Is your website traffic low?
– Is your business stagnant?
– Do you need new tools?
– Are you putting in all the work with little to no results?
Use 5 simple steps to improve your site’s SEO to increase website traffic, grow your business, rank higher on Google, and reach audiences ready to engage with your brand.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. But what is it exactly? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of improving the quality of content to increase traffic to your website via organic search engine results. SEO strategy relies, in part, on keywords to optimize your website and earn a higher ranking on Google.
For more in depth information on SEO get out Google’s beginner guide: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/beginner/seo-starter-guide?hl=en&visit_id=637408066478876682-625770552&rd=1
5 SEO Tips and Tricks
SEO isn’t all or nothing. Here are a few simple ways to start optimizing your website’s content.
- One simple way to start optimizing your website’s content, is to create a list of “keywords” that fit your niche and that are popularly searched. By doing this, you can ensure that you can easily include keywords to use throughout your website, blog, and even social media.
- Avoid word stuffing. You do not want to stuff a bunch of SEO phrases or words into one sentence or paragraph just so that Google catches on. An example of this for a marketing company might be: “Welcome to our page about marketing services, where we are a California based marketing company who specializes in small business marketing, california marketing, and marketing tips”…. That leads me into the next one
- Remember who your audience is! You need to create quality content that is easy to find, read, and digest… firstly for people, then secondly Google.
- Find relevant keywords that people are looking for and focus on those. Some phrases are more popular than others. For example, more people search “California Marketing Services” than “Marketing Services in California”…. Small changes can make a big difference.
- Optimize your website for mobile use and make sure it is speedy!
How to do Keyword Research:
- Phrasing: Try mixing it up and researching which structure of sentences to use. For example if you have a wedding photography business, use the resources provided throughout this blog to guide you in finding out if you should be saying “California Wedding photographER” or “California Wedding photographY” for the best search results.
- URL Keywords: Make sure to change the URL to be more SEO optimized – shortening the URL verbage to make it easier to find e.g.:
- Search Trending Words: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=marketing
Resources for your business to succeed in SEO:
- Is your website mobile friendly? Having a mobile friendly page will assure that consumers can reach you from anywhere, not just a desktop. Now more than ever people use their cellphones for everything, especially a quick Google search! Check if your website is mobile friendly here; if it’s not, find out how to change it: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly?id=LA5ft42KWvEpty2x8cQfPA
- Speed, Speed, SPEED. How fast is your website? People will give you 3 seconds. You get 3 whole seconds (if they are generous, maybe 2 seconds) for your page to load. If it hasn’t loaded in 3 seconds, it’s sayonara and onto the next! The good news: there are so many resources to improve the speed of your website!
- Pingdom: Test the speed of your site and get insight on how to improve. https://tools.pingdom.com/