1. Those who call themselves a leader and think that they will sit over the top of someone and simply bark orders clearly missed the memo of what an effective leader is all about.
2. If you won’t empty your own trash and grab your subordinates a cup of coffee on occasion, you’ve missed the memo on how to be a good leader.
3. A good leader will have days where they want to quit, but they don’t. A good leader will wonder if anyone is listening, but they are. A good leader will question their decisions, only to take ownership of them. A good leader will fail, but will learn from it and do it better next time. A good leader will listen to others, because they recognize they aren’t the only smart one in the room. A good leader will surround themselves with smart, capable, humble, grace-filled people, because they know the formula to success is having people better than them at the table. A good leader doesn’t take credit for everything, because they know it’s never about them.
4. A good leader doesn’t take credit for everything, because they know it’s never about them.
5. A good leader leaves the role better when they leave than when they came into it.
6. A good leader will be bashed, revered, ignored, adored, criticized, complimented, abandoned and followed. Then they will get up the next day and do it all over again until they reach their objective.
7. An effective leader will always ask questions before reacting or responding..
8. A good leader gives…and serves FIRST.
Till next time…